Gornja Dubrava (Lower Dubrava) is a north-western district of the Croatian capital Zagreb, with 36,363 inhabitants at the last census in 2011. It is located south of Dubrava Avenue. This area was already inhabited in ancient times; to the southeast, the Roman community of Andautonia developed, a well developed city with typical Roman architecture. After the 7th century, this city fell apart and no people lived in the area until 1840. In December 1943, 18 civilians and anti-fascist residents of Croatia were publicly hanged along what is now Dubrava Avenue.