This is the western railway station in Zagreb, in the Črnomerec district. It was Zagreb’s main railway station until in 1892, thirty years after its construction, Zagreb Glavni kolodvor was opened. The name simply means Zagreb Station West. In the past it was also called Zagreb Station South (until 1924), and Zagreb Sava (until 1943). The station has kept its original appearance and is a cultural monument in Croatia. Its original name, South Station (or Agram Südbahnhof), stems from the organization that built it: the Imperial and Royal Community of Southern Railways in Austria-Hungary.